Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Fling

The official flocksome season ended last week. A number of games were played starting in mid-March in both good and foul weather. I did not post any summaries since I was mostly busy skiing. That and I don't believe we've ever included spring results in the Captain's rankings. But, if I had to guess, I would say that:
  1. Jim Mason, despite a bad back and crooked driver, probably won money.
  2. Brad McAreavy and Mike LaBue probably got more than their share of bad breaks.
I do know that Jim McLaughlin made his maiden appearance and walked away a winner and Rob Turner made and appearance and also came out ahead. Dave Fries was rumored to be playing some fine golf (a little shaky with the putter but everything else is strong) and Doug Lyon has also displayed fine early form, especially with the driver. And nobody can play worse early season golf than myself. I need a few thousand range balls under my belt before my game resembles golf. Another reason the ski slopes look really good in March.

No comments: