Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Welcome Back Mr. Schantz

It was a cold and windy day and we managed to scrape together five players for the day - Jim Mason, Bill Schuler, Brad McAreavy, Jim Mason and myself. Both Jim Mason had bailed on playing Friday.  The weather today was worse but it turned out at least I made the right decision.

With only five players that game was back and forth with the biggest winner +$3 and the biggest loser -$4.50.  The biggest excitement in the game was my attempted loner on the 14th.  Playing 225 yds. I hit it to 4 1/2 feet but failed to make the putt and could only tie the hole.  Crap.

Bill Schuler followed my attempt with his own on the 15th.  Unlike me he was successful carding a 4 net 3 for the win.

The other big news was my return to the mark game.  Over the last five games I carded a grand total of three marks and that included a 55 hole markless stretch (but who's counting?).  The mark game was getting a little expensive.  I somewhat made up for that today by capturing 7 of the 9 total marks - birdies on 1,6,10,12 and two greenies got me to the 16th with 6 marks on the day.  My approach on 16 was just short of the green leaving me with a 30 footer for the eagle and (I was thinking about it) a chance to tie Jim Mason's mark record.  Missed it by "that" much.  Rats.

Two players have made a run at Mason's single day mark record in two games and both fell short.  Maybe he is right.  We can get close but we all choke down the stretch!
    
Game Summary:

West Course
Players 5
Carryovers to 9 & 18

Total Marks 9

Mark leader - John Schantz 7
Overall Leader - John Schantz $22

No comments: