Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Nantucket!!

John Schantz, Parker Soule, Griff Owen @ Nantucket Golf Club
Griff Owen, John Schantz @ Sankaty Head Lighthouse, Nantucket


After my thrilling USGA qualifying experience I traveled to Albany to try and qualify for the NYS Mid Am. The qualifier was a success but I washed out in the first round as most of my shots did not get airborne. Amazing how fast the good vibes can disappear.

However, it was a blessing in disguise as I was able to depart for Nantucket a few days earlier than hoped for. Good friend Griff Owen had invited me to visit. Having never been to the Cape or Nantucket I readily agreed.

We had fabulous weather and played two fine golf courses: Miacomet and Nantucket Golf Club. After all the recent tournaments it was fun to just go out and enjoy the day with no expectations. Funny how no expectations and a positive attitude leads to good golf. I had a fine 75 at Miacomet that was marred only by a bizarre triple bogey 7. I followed that up the next day with a special 1 under 71 at Nantucket GC.

While it was fantastic to score well it was more fun just being out on some great courses in a beautiful setting with a good friend. I've always wondered what it would be like to play some links style courses where you can play it on the ground or in the air. Turns out to be great fun.
 
 


 




No comments: