I know, you don't read this blog for stock reports. But I just need to record this so no one forgets.
On the 15th tee Jim Mason was checking the stock report for the day and claiming that all was well with world now that the election was over with and even the market wasn't doing too bad.
I claimed the DJIA would hit 7000 before it got back to 10,000 and I would put a whole dollar on that belief. After accepting the bet and a long pause he asked the question I was fearing "are we going to put a time limit on this?".
We agreed on 2 years. Of course I always have an out - we did not specify closing price or intra day price.
Didn't I say something about never betting against Mason a few weeks ago?
On Nov 6, 2008 the DJIA closed at 8695 completing a 2-day loss of 1,000 point.
On the 15th tee Jim Mason was checking the stock report for the day and claiming that all was well with world now that the election was over with and even the market wasn't doing too bad.
I claimed the DJIA would hit 7000 before it got back to 10,000 and I would put a whole dollar on that belief. After accepting the bet and a long pause he asked the question I was fearing "are we going to put a time limit on this?".
We agreed on 2 years. Of course I always have an out - we did not specify closing price or intra day price.
Didn't I say something about never betting against Mason a few weeks ago?
On Nov 6, 2008 the DJIA closed at 8695 completing a 2-day loss of 1,000 point.
No comments:
Post a Comment