One of the all time money leaders and long ball hitter JR McCarthy made his annual appearance today. Unfortunately, JR hadn't played in 3 weeks and his career earnings took a small hit.
Not much action on the front nine as 7 holes were tied. The big highlights were Jim Mason's sandy on #3 to a back pin position and Rich Johnson's net 3 and team win on #7 with a blood sugar level of 42 (He said that was a big deal so I'll take his word for it!).
Low lights included the fact that we all missed the green on #4 from 143 yds to the center hole-in-one pin placement. Pretty pathetic.
Oh, and the other low light? Jim Mason 3-putted from 5 feet on #9 to allow John Schantz & Rich Johnson a team win for those 7 carryover holes. Jeez, that's twice in one week I have been the beneficiary of a Mason 3-putt. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket because Jim 3-putts about twice a year not twice a week.
The back nine also featured 7 ties. Jim Mason made a nice birdie on #13 hitting his approach to a back right pin to 3 feet. Another low point occurred on #16 where no birdies were recorded.
The single worst shot of the day was hit by yours truly, John Schantz, on #17 when I almost whiffed my tee shot. I was the last hitter and no one else had hit the green so Rich Johnson was forced to pick me as his partner. The tee shot ended up about 50 yards off the tee near the mounds on #16. From there I punched it just short of the green with the pin all the way back right and then made the 70 foot chip shot for a tie. Easy 3!!
With 7 carryovers available on #18 the hole was tied with pars.
Game Summary:
Players 5
Marks 11
Mark Leader - McAreavy with 4
Money Leader - Johnson $8
Not much action on the front nine as 7 holes were tied. The big highlights were Jim Mason's sandy on #3 to a back pin position and Rich Johnson's net 3 and team win on #7 with a blood sugar level of 42 (He said that was a big deal so I'll take his word for it!).
Low lights included the fact that we all missed the green on #4 from 143 yds to the center hole-in-one pin placement. Pretty pathetic.
Oh, and the other low light? Jim Mason 3-putted from 5 feet on #9 to allow John Schantz & Rich Johnson a team win for those 7 carryover holes. Jeez, that's twice in one week I have been the beneficiary of a Mason 3-putt. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket because Jim 3-putts about twice a year not twice a week.
The back nine also featured 7 ties. Jim Mason made a nice birdie on #13 hitting his approach to a back right pin to 3 feet. Another low point occurred on #16 where no birdies were recorded.
The single worst shot of the day was hit by yours truly, John Schantz, on #17 when I almost whiffed my tee shot. I was the last hitter and no one else had hit the green so Rich Johnson was forced to pick me as his partner. The tee shot ended up about 50 yards off the tee near the mounds on #16. From there I punched it just short of the green with the pin all the way back right and then made the 70 foot chip shot for a tie. Easy 3!!
With 7 carryovers available on #18 the hole was tied with pars.
Game Summary:
Players 5
Marks 11
Mark Leader - McAreavy with 4
Money Leader - Johnson $8
No comments:
Post a Comment