Thursday, November 12, 2009

No Bills

 

This is Upstate NY and we are Bills fans around here.  Mike LaBue and Dave Fries are even season ticket holders.  So I had to pass this along when Mike sent me the photo.

After this year's opening debacle against the New England Patriots I swore off the Bills.  My resolution: I will not watch another Bills game until they make the playoffs.  Through 8 weeks of the 2009 season, so far so good.  I haven't missed anything and saved myself a lot of disbelief (not that anything the Bills do should cause disbelief anymore) and frustration.

I'm still rooting for the Bills and can't wait to catch that playoff game.  But I'm not holding my breath.  Ralph Wilson is getting up there but he's not going anywhere soon (and I'm not going to hope he does).

Update November 2017:

Ralph Wilson is dead but the Bills still haven't made the playoffs since I wrote this 8 years ago. Although they are 5-3 halfway through this season. I'll admit I've watched some games this year.
 

No comments: