Thursday, November 12, 2009

RTO

This post was for the game played Sunday November 1st.

RTO as in Rob Turner Overdrive.  Saturday was a washout so we had a nice turnout today. 

Every hole that was won today was won by the field, except for one team win.  In fact the 18th was a team loss so all 18 holes were in play. Guess where Mr. Turner spent his day?  That's right, in the field.  Except for that one team win.  That happened to be won by Rob and Phil Yawman.  The second clean card by a player in as many games. Just for good measure Rob threw in 4 marks and if I recall correctly three of them were for greenies on the par 3's.

It was nice to have Phil along for his annual appearance and Ron Mack also joined the group today.  With the generally warmer temps this fall we've had consistently good turnouts.

Bill Schuler joined the fun on the back nine and maintained his winning streak for two more wins before finally suffering a team loss on #15.  That made 23 straight holes played before having a loss.  That might be some kind of record but then again I probably won't spend the time going through years of scorecards to find out.

Oh, I almost forgot.  In this case I did go back over the records and yes history was made today.  Someone actually sufferred their all-time single biggest loss in the game - $35.  I wouldn't make a big deal about it if it wasn't Jim Mason.  Of course he did have 7 out of the 19 marks so he only lost $9 on the day.  Rats.

Game Summary:

Players 8 on front, 9 on back
Carryovers to next holes, capped at 3
Total Marks 19

Mark Leader - Mason 5
Money Leader - Turner $27

No comments: